We are looking for experienced children’s social workers to join our teams.
Redcar & Cleveland is a great place to work and it’s an exciting time to join us as we embed Signs of Safety as our Practice Framework, launch the No Wrong Door service to support children and young people on the edge of care and work closely with partners to develop our approach to contextual safeguarding.
Here is what you can expect as a Children’s Social Worker at Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council:
- You will join a dedicated and passionate workforce who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for children and young people.
- Excellent opportunities for career development and progression.
- A supportive working environment which includes regular professional supervision, mentoring and managed allocations and caseloads.
- A senior leadership team that values your work, listens to your feedback and actively celebrates social work.
- A culture of high support alongside high challenge – we need to be open to doing things differently if we want to be the best!
- A well-established Assessed and Supported Year in Employment for any newly qualified social workers joining us with key mandatory training, protected development time and external mentors provided.
Here’s what our social workers have to say about working for Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council:
“I work in an environment that can often be challenging but one which is also encouraging and respectful too. The diverse ideas and styles of all of the people I work with bring something new to my role every day, making each day a new experience with something to learn.”
“I feel extremely lucky to work for Redcar and Cleveland; they have a great ASYE programme and are very protective of their staff as they offer an excellent level of support and training opportunities.”
“Although it has been a challenging year overcoming and adapting the way we work, the authority has remained nurturing and ensured that we were all given sufficient protective equipment to allow us to continue to undertake our workplace responsibilities in the safest manner. Across every level, staff have become creative in practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children across our locality. I am proud of our services, workforce, local provisions and feel privileged to work for Redcar & Cleveland.”
For an informal discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org tel. 01642 444104
For more information and to apply, please visit North East Jobs.