Education and Skills
Are you the right person to help us to develop a brighter future for our children?
If you share the ethos of Redcar and Cleveland’s Children and Families Directorate, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
We are looking for an exceptional talented leader who will bring a brighter future to every young person in Redcar and Cleveland. We have a new Corporate Director for Children and Families and this is an ideal opportunity to join her in leading talented teams who are committed to improving outcomes and life chances for children and young people.
Lead and manage and develop all aspects of the Education and Skills service to achieve Corporate and Service priorities.
The overall purpose of this role is to:
- To deputise for the Corporate Director Children and Families
- To support the Corporate Director for Children and Families as the council’s principal adviser on issues related to the development of innovative and realistic proposals for structural and collaborative provision which will make a significant difference to the outcomes for children and young people.
- To ensure that systematic decisions and interventions relating to children who have additional needs achieve the best possible outcomes.
- To create a child centred partnership between the Local Authority, schools and partners that enables children and young people to have effective support at the earliest possible opportunity.
- To enable a greater proportion of Redcar and Cleveland’s children to be taught within their own communities.
To contribute to the corporate leadership across the business as part of the senior leadership team, delivering the corporate strategic plan; setting the agenda across portfolios through strong leadership, being a change advocate, forward planning, management and delivery against available financial and people resources.
With vision and focus, lead the development and delivery of robust strategies and establish business and political priorities, which support the objectives and ambitions of the council ensuring that the post holders service(s) Contribute to the cooperative ambitions.
To lead a range of service, projects and initiatives that benefit the organisation and as appropriate our communities, focusing resources through the effective redesign of serviced on preventative measures to reduce demand and promote self help.
Leading by example, the post holder will role model the Council’s cooperative values and behaviours demonstrating commitment to the Borough of Redcar and Cleveland and drive behavioural change in others, championing new ways of working that includes leading virtual teams and matrix management, adapting to thematic priorities when appropriate.
Accountable to: Corporate Director for Children and Families
Accountable for: All Service Leads and staff within the Directorate. This includes but is not exclusive: School Improvement and Effectiveness, Governor Support, Virtual Head, Psychology Service, Special Education Needs, School Crossing and Pupil Services.
General Contacts: Engage with Elected Members, colleagues, internal and external stakeholders, schools, colleges, businesses, intermediaries, senior personnel within partnering organisations, community groups. Develop, manage and broker relationships at senior level with key local, national, international business as well as stakeholders representing the Council, and ensuring that Borough’s strategies and policies are taken into account in relevant.
Interviews will take place on Monday 10 February 2020.
For more information and to apply to for this role, please visit the link below:
For a confidential discussion please contact Kathryn Boulton, Corporate Director for Children and Families, on 01642 771674.